Sunday 17 January 2010

Last weekend was round 1 of the N-Duro summer cup series. I had had a problem with my rear derailer so had to run a Sram one and shifter instead. Every thing was going to plan, I was feeling good, we had a train going on the gravel roads, I had been over the bars half way up a climb due to a branch bouncing up off Cabins back wheel. Other than making a small mistake and letting Dirk get a small gap I felt I had every thing under control and was starting to wind it up to bring Dirk back when, Yep you guessed it my history with Sram continued. The rear derailer some how turned inside out and twisted the chain in three spots, I spent a good 5 min getting things sorted so I could at least ride out (I really dont like walking!!). I decided to keep on riding as I had three gears I could use and I was still in 4th (with prize money paying down to 10th or 15th. I kept an even preasure on the chain and finished 5min down and still in 4th

No comments: