Monday 25 January 2010

Sundays race was round 2 of the summer N-duro series. Off the line my legs felt dead and flat, I pushed as hard as I could and Cabin, Carl Jones and I got a gap early into the race we then dropped Carl off near the top of the first big climb. Cabin got a small gap on me at the top of direct rd and opened it a little more up hill rd. As we neared the top of frontal labotomy Cabin had a problem with his bike and I was able to get back in front. We rode most of the way together swapping the lead and I also had to make a quick stop at one stage to check my bike for a sec. I caught back up pretty quickly as we hit traffic with the 25k riders. It wasnt until we only had about 1km to go before my legs felt like they were ready to race, I stayed in from down the last hill and as we hit the grass for the finish straight I kicked and opened the sprint up crossing the line about a bike length in front.
A good race, glad to get the win and now that nasty nasty training Ive been doing will start to pay off. Next race Tokoroa on Feb 7th, See ya all here!!!!!!!

No comments: