Wednesday 27 July 2011

No world champs this year

This year I wont be heading over to race the world champs. During the NZ season I felt I was struggling to find the form I wanted, It didnt seam to happen until the Oceania champs. I had a good long brake off training which was just what I needed both for the body and mind. I tried a few different things and have looked at a few ways to mix up the training. I have decided to stay home this winter and work on a few things for next year, One is the usual $$$ issue plus there are a few things I have been working on with the body and mixing things up to keep the mind fresh as well. Some times staying back home can work in ones favor, I have been getting up in the middle of the night watching the world cup races on "freecaster.tv" and learning alot along the way!
Training in the winter after working an 8hr day has had its challenges but things have become alot easier lately, I have hooked up with Nite lights and the amazing 1200 lumen light set that is so bright I went riding a few days ago and forgot to take my sunglasses off when it got dark! check them out at- www.nitelights.co.nz/destroyer-1200-lumen-bike-light. I am also now able to keep track of all my training with alot more detail than ever before with Bryton, Im using the rider 35 with a cadence monitor on the road bike. The Bryton has SSOOOO many functions and thing to keep an eye on when uploading to your profile. I can also use power meters with the Bryton down the track and then I can really get down and work out just what is and isnt working. www.brytongps.com/bryton-rider-35-gps
Yep the good old winter is hitting us with all its got at the mo, -5 one day then blowing a gail and rain the next. With these new training tools it is alot easier to get out in it all.

No comments: