Saturday 20 February 2010

Rotorua NZ cup. Saturday saw the final round of the NZ cup. One week out from National champs and a packed field, with all the top riders lining up to do that last minute prep race. It was another fast start, straight up the road climb and into the single track pinch climb. I started on the second row but was quickly on the front and spent the next couple laps fighting it out with Carl Jones and then Dirk Peters joined in on the fun. It wasnt long after Dirk joined us when Carl dropped off the pace and Dirk and I started pushing each other, with a lap and a half to go Dirk made a bad gear change and that was enough for me to GO!!! I was able to pull the gap out to about 30sec by the finish and then the gap back to Carl was about 3min. Over the 6 laps my lap times only differed by 32sec, So all is looking good for next week.

No comments: